Monday, March 16, 2015

Mini 15 Km: layers up and run!

Today (March 15th 2015) was the annual Heart Mini Run, to collect funds for the American Heart Association (AHA).  Marc, Matt and I (Carineregistered for the 15K run. It was my first long run after this cold and snowing winter. I didn’t train much outside. The Flying Pig half marathon is coming soon, (first weekend of May) this race is going to be my training for the half marathon. The weather was cold (I would have preferred staying home), so I had to motivate myself in doing it. 









7.30am the race started, the 5th street, in downtown Cincinnati,was packed! I was zigzagging between runners and walkers to find my wayAfter reaching 10k, I started to feel tired but I had to keep going and climbing these big hills. already ran 2/3 of the race, only 5K left, almost there! The last big hill was tough but I made it. After crossing the finish line, it felt really good to stop running J  I checked my time later after the race and I was quite happy about it; I ran 15k in 1:29:06; which is a good pace for me


Even though the weather was cold (1C degree), I had a great time with my friends and teammates! I am looking forward for the next race. Go Jovent 79!

No comments:

Post a Comment